April 6th - 19th 2020
Hello everyone, I would like to wish you and all of your family a very happy and healthy Easter! The boys and girls have been working very hard at home the last three weeks so, use this two week break to take a well deserved rest! There will be no formal work for children to complete. Instead, they can use this time to catch up on any work that may not have been completed over the three week closure or perhaps due to absences. I am also going to provide some fun activities that the boys and girls could do to keep busy over the holidays. Take some time to reflect on Easter and what it is really about. Remember, we are heading into Holy Week and you will find a access to a PowerPoint below which you can share and discuss with your family.
Here are some ideas that you might like to try over your break:
1. Easter Art: (see links attached)
3. Crack some Easter Jokes
4. Colour Easter pictures using your multiplication and division tables
5. Listen to a story on https://www.storylineonline.net/library/ or read your favourite story aloud to a family member
6. Follow the recipes below to make a delicious treat for your family.
7 Watch https://www.watchkin.com/0efb18ff07 Story of Easter video. Look at the Holy Week PowerPoint which can be accessed for free from www.twinkl.ie and say the Easter Prayer.
8. Write an Easter poem
9. Create your own Easter egg hunt for your family
10. Check out Art for Kids hub on YouTube and do some wonderful drawing https://www.youtube.com/user/ArtforKidsHub
11. Play an Easter Board Game
12. Mark off activities on the Easter Choice Board as you complete them.
13. Try some of the STEM Challenges
I would love to see some of your creations! Feel free to post some photos and videos of you doing your activities to your class dojo Portfolio. We have almost everyone up and running now. If you are not yet set up, please check your email to accept the invite that was sent to you.
Mind yourself and keep safe,